Miles to go...

I have miles to go... please pray each day for the next leg of my Biblical journey!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Grace, by Katherine Holladay

Song Pages by Billy Alexander Designs, obtained from www.sxc.hu
I have fond memories of the church of my youth. I loved the smell of the sanctuary – the flowers, the polished wood pews, the starch in our cotton blouses… Sunday best. I remember the beauty of my favorite song … “Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me…” I can still hear the words of our pastor, speaking of the mercy and grace of God. It would be years before I truly understood the meaning of Grace. We are promised Grace through Jesus – we, who have lived sin and often trespassed every commandment given by God – are promised everlasting life when we give our lives to Jesus … 

Ephesians 2: 4 - 7
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love wherewith He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ (by grace ye are saved), 6 and hath raised us up together and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

We can work for good our entire lives; but unless and until, we give our hearts and lives to Christ – those works are empty and not worthy…

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God 9 not by works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath beforehand ordained, that we should walk in them.

The meaning of Grace is in this gift – He has given us a gift of eternal life with Him… through His Son. There will never be an equal to this treasure. Pure Grace and the mercy of a loving Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment