Miles to go...

I have miles to go... please pray each day for the next leg of my Biblical journey!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 19: Judges 15 - 1 Samuel 2


S: 
Hannah's Prayer: copyright Cook Communications Ministries
1 Samuel 1:11 (New King James Version)
11 Then she made a vow and said, "O LORD of hosts, if You will indeed look on the affliction of Your maidservant and remember me, and not forget Your maidservant, but will give Your maidservant a male child, then I will give him to the LORD all the days of his life, and no razor shall come upon his head."

O: 
Hannah was childless, and in this passage, promised God that if He would give her a son, she would give him back to God. A part of me was a little amazed by her willingness to do this. i mean, she wanted a child so bad, but was willing to give him up as soon as she was finished nursing him? it showed me that her desire was not a selfish one. surely this could not have been an easy thing to do!

A: 
we should all be like hannah... selfless in our requests, and totally willing to give back to God 100%, no matter how difficult it is! and when we make a promise to God, we need to be absolutely sure that we will keep that promise.

P: 
Father, i'm humbled every day as i read about the people who would make "deals" with you, and KEEP them! it's kinda ironic in a way, because collectively, they are so very fickle in their relationship with you. but when they make a vow to you, they generally don't change their mind later. Lord, it's interesting how much of myself i see in them! my relationship with you tends to resemble a roller coaster. no, it resembles israel.  but i'm learning to keep the vows that i make to you. thank you for never giving up on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment