Miles to go...

I have miles to go... please pray each day for the next leg of my Biblical journey!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 22: 2 Samuel 22 - 1 Kings 7


(Day 23's reading was 2 Sam 12-21... no note for that day.)

S: 2 Samuel 22:2 (King James Version)
2And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;

O: God had just delivered David from his enemies, most recently the war with philistia.

A: I love this verse. what a vivid picture it paints! what do you think of when you hear the words rock, fortress, deliverer? i guess i'm just a girl LOL, because i conjur up images of a knight in shining armor coming to save me, carrying me off to some place totally safe where nothing can hurt me, and being totally devoted to meeting my emotional and physical needs. and that is exactly what God is!  He is our rock... our comforter and provider. He is our fortress... our safe haven. and He is our deliverer... our knight in shining armor who comes to save us from the enemy.

P: Wow, God, you're really everything i need! i remember the first time i realized that... it was back in about '96, '97... i'd moved back out to princeton, i was a single mom, and i drew close to you, REALLY close to you, for the first time in years. i became totally content to live my life with you as my constant companion... even as a "husband" to me. i'm glad that you did bring me a human husband, but Father, sometimes i put too much emphasis on him, and expect him to fill the roles of rock, fortress and delieverer. and then i get all frustrated and stuff, because he's only human, Lord, he can't possibly fill your shoes! so my prayer today is this... when i start expecting too much of my husband, remind me to back off of him, and to lay it all back down for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment